Sarah Klassen of Haute Design tagged me to post on 6 uninteresting things I love. Since this blog is entirely Chinoiserie, it is going to be 6 of my favorite Chinoiserie everyday things, of course.
1. I wanted my calling cards to reflect my love of Chinoiserie. These from Iomoi are wonderful-my personal calling card has the pink pagoda and our Style Redux blog card has SR and double elephants. The second and third photos are closeups from Iomoi's website so you can see them better. I am having Iomoi do darling cards for Chinoiserie Chic as well.
2. My Tibetan Spaniel Isabella (Izzy). This breed originated in the Himalayan Mountains of Tibet. They often lived in monasteries, trailing behind their Lama masters. They are thought to resemble the Chinese guardian lions or Foo lions. They were regarded as dogs of great value and prestige.
3. Writing is such a pleasure with my Chinoiserie inspired red lacquer Elsa Peretti pen from Tiffany & Co.
4. I love Asian food of all kinds and it tastes so much better eating with beautiful chopsticks.
5. I love scented candles and keep a box of these chic Chinoiserie matches from Iomoi next to each one-makes lighting them a pleasure!
6. I am a big list maker and love to use beautiful memo pads like these from Iomoi which you can see here next to my computer.
What common, everyday things bring pleasure to your life? I'd love to hear!