Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Chinoiserie Entryway

Timothy Whealon
Do you call this room an entry, entryway, entrance, entrance hall, or foyer?
And what about coffee table or cocktail table?
Or couch versus sofa?
Curtains or draperies?
I thought about this yesterday when a blogger was talking about a powder bath which I had never heard for powder room.
I wonder if these different terms are regional?


  1. You say tomato I say tomato.... I go with probably a colloquial "thang."

  2. Good Lord....this space is gorgeous no matter what it is:)