|The former dining room|
A peek at the former dining room - in the middle of a thunderstorm yesterday. I'm just starting to play around with decorating it. The gold leaf pagoda Ralph Lauren chandelier was a HomeGoods find back in Alexandria - it was hanging in my dining room there. It retailed for $2,200 and I got it for $350 - one of my favorite pieces. Oh and the Mongolian lamb and lucite bench was a HomeGoods Alexandria find too. The pups are fascinated with storms here - it is quite dramatic overlooking the preserves and wetlands with the huge palms swaying. So very Old Florida.
Here is the original post on finding the chandelier at HomeGoods and the follow up post. Worth a read - it's a wonderful story about a very wonderful follower of CC going out of her way for me. A lovely act of kindness.
I am now turning my attention to some much needed and long overdue Self Care. I feel that between the trauma I have been through and dealing with lots of people over the past month despite the pandemic - police, movers, painters, countertop people, handyman, the list goes on and on, I need to take care of myself and my immune system. So I am taking care of me. The good news is I feel fantastic.
1. I got my hair done and a manicure and pedicure as previously reported.
2. I have gone grocery shopping and stocked up on all my favorite foods and wines. (I was at Costco yesterday and it's the only store GG and I both will be shopping at - I had a PTSD moment thinking I'd run into him and it was quite unsettling. I never want to see him again EVER).
3. I have been working on my home and garden which is therapeutic for me.
4. Lots of time with my angel pups.
5. Catching up on much needed sleep - going to bed when I please, getting up when I please, even an afternoon nap if I feel like it. I have been seriously sleep deprived of late.
6. Sprucing up my Florida wardrobe - I love J. Crew and their sumer sale is fantastic. Lots of color - especially pink, green, and blue like my home. Recent purchases -
7. My two new velvet sofas are finally in Florida - Jacksonville as of yesterday, but that's progress. The pink goes in my office and the navy in the living room. Both are from Article. Naps on these sounds lovely.
8. Lots of fresh air - working in the garden, walks with the pups, chilling in the lanai.
9. Being thankful every day that I escaped and I am really looking forward to this next great chapter. I seriously can't believe how in love I am with my home and where I live. I am so fortunate.
10. This blog - it really has been great to be able to share with all of you what has ben transpiring and to have all the wonderful support and feedback from my followers. Thank you so very much.
I think Self Care is especially important for all of us in these very stressful times. I would love to hear what you do to take care of yourself in these crazy times we are living in. Please share.
Jut now - somebunny seems to like blue and white Chinese porcelain too.