I have always been a really good bargain shopper. And I love to shop. But for me, it's the thrill of the hunt. Anyone with enough money can go and spend a fortune on something. For me, to find a gorgeous item for pennies on the dollar is fantastic. Many of you have commented and emailed asking about my HomeGoods store. Do you really think I am going to reveal my special store? Well of course I am, because you are my gang. I find all of my great stuff at the Bee Ridge store in Sarasota. Personally, I think the stores in Venice and at UTC are a waste of time and space. Generic trendy stuff. I have been to both countless times and have never found one thing.
But lots of you are not in this area, so here are my HomeGoods shopping tips.
1. Shop Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. They tend to restock on Monday. Weekends are busy and picked over.
2. Buy it if you love it, you can always return it. It won't be there if you go back for it and you will kick yourself.
3. Look for red tag items. All three of my Chaddock Home Mary McDonald items were red tag (further markdown) in the Clearance section. These yahoos down here don't know Mary McDonald from Old McDonald's Farm. Ei ei oh!
4. Look for designer items, not knock off trendy junk.
5. Shop all the aisles - I find great things everywhere - gourmet foods, dog items, cleaning supplies, gift wrap, etc. etc.
6. They offer delivery for big items.
7. My favorite departments are furniture, linens, home decor, lamps, and art. The art used to be awful, but mine at least has gotten really good.
8. Go consistently - once a week - stock changes daily.
Happy shopping and don't buy anything at Bee Ridge with my name on it. LOL
PS - I should have mentioned they have dedicated hours for Seniors, they limit the number of customers, employees are all masked, sanitize the carts, have Plexiglas at checkout, have enlarged aisles, some aisles are one way - I feel they have done a very good job at making things safe. Fellow shoppers are very polite and 99% have masks and social distance. Kudos to HomeGoods.
PPS - After my post yesterday on the raffia pendant, they are close to selling out (I bought mine this time before posting), so grab it if you want one.
|HomeGoods Finds - Mary McDonald for Chaddock Home|