1. Doing a man cave for my husband and redoing the garage were my two big house projects for 2014. I did the man cave for the last One Room Challenge and this week I start on the garage redo. Can a garage have Chinoiserie? I'll post updates over the next month.
2. I ordered all new towels when Horchow was having that great sale on the Ralph Lauren monogrammed towels, and it motivated me to clean out and reorganize my linen closet. My painter arrives a week from Monday to paint it and the garage.
3. We pick up the new puppy in July and as lots of you know, a new puppy is a BIG project, but I am so looking forward to bringing her home.
4. My daughter Kate has wanted to move from DC to Alexandria, where we live, and has been apartment hunting for a while with no luck. So she has decided to move back in here in August to regroup and help with the puppy (the puppy is actually going to be Kate's dog) and keep me company after the loss of my friend. I am so excited! But that means getting the house (and closets - she is a fashion stylist with a huge wardrobe) all ready for her arrival.
5. To top it all off, I am in the midst of a blog redesign to freshen things up after 5 years.