My daughter Kate's bar cart was recently featured in the Washington Post Express. Here are some of her tips for styling your bar:
1. It helps to start with a great bar or bar cart. I scored this classic bar cart, a reproduction of an Art Deco one at Target a while back for under $200. The original version on 1st dibs sold for $2,000.
|1st dibs original on left and mine on right|
3. Vintage barware is very chic - I scored these great gold rimmed glasses at a flea market. Vintage cocktail shakers are also very collectable.
4. I like to buy classic top drawer liqour and liquers like Grand Marnier, Beefeater Gin, and Maker's Mark Bourbon to add to the style of my bar cart.
5. Don't ignore the wall behind the bar - I framed three sheets of Chinoiserie paper from Paper Source in colors to coordinate with my bar cart accessories.
6. Have on your bar cart a cocktail recipe book like Mrs. Lilien's Cocktail Swatchbook - both practical and chic.