A progress update....
1. I am putting about a hundred miles a day on my car going back and forth to Venice with several trips a day which is nowadays more than I drive in a week. I promised my car a complete detailing when this is done.
2. Of all the bad timing, my community is having all the roads milled and paved this week and next - my paving was yesterday, so juggling the painters, wall-paperer, and my unloading with trucks everywhere. We got our cars trapped in my driveway yesterday afternoon for several hours. Oh well....
3. The painting is going really really well. I love the BM Classic Gray in Matte and the Aura is so worth it.
4. The wallpaper hanger was over yesterday morning and we are a go on the guest bath and laundry room. Super excited.
5. I had no idea that my Wedgwood Chinese Tigers once came in blue - gorgeous!
6. Great progress on my closet - I hope I have left clothes here for the next couple of weeks. LOL
7. Granite question - the granite in the kitchen is quite pretty, but has surface tiny fissures? and a rough feeling - it definitely needs sealing but I am thinking it needs professional polishing too? I know Corian and Quartz care much more than granite. Suggestions? Thanks!
8. Many comments from you on colored towels fading - here are my tips- use half as much detergent. Wash, especially the first time with a cup of white vinegar to set the color. Wash always on cold or warm, not hot and cold rinse. No bleach. No dryer sheets. This works IMHO.
9. I was thinking yesterday about the fact that I have a coat closet in the vestibule (most homes here do not) and what could I use it for? In 9 months here I have never had on a jacket, sweater, or coat. The answer came in a flash - a wine closet to lay down red wine. There are several sites where you can configure what dimensions you want for wine racks. I love this idea - any suggestions? My painters have removed the rod and hardware that I will store.
10. The pink Dyson arrived a couple days ago, but I have been too busy to unpack it. Hopefully in the next couple of days. A pink vacuum!
11. Several people asked about my trim paint. My painters said BM has reformulated Advance and they are dissatisfied with its adhesion and now prefer Sherwin Williams. I went with Ultra Reflective White and it's amazing with the BM Classic Gray on the walls. Gorgeous. It really pops.
12. My painters should be finished by the end of next week and then the real fun begins - furniture deliveries, wallpaper installed, half a dozen new lighting fixtures installed, movers, and ADIOS to this ill begotten adventure.
13. I may go to my stone place today for a break and look at black/dark green marble and granite for the guest bath as in the photo above. I said this before, but how could they have left the toilet lid up for the photo shoot? It pains me.